Volunteers can assist the IT department as outlined in the job description below. Please review the Volunteer Policies and Requirements. Then, if you would like to be apply for this volunteer position, complete a Volunteer Application and submit it to the attention of the Volunteer Coordinator for consideration. Applications can be dropped off at any Library desk, or mailed to: Volunteer Coordinator, 251 Glen Street, Glens Falls, NY 12801.
- Public computers:
- Clean all monitors, computer peripherals, and area of usage using air canister & a cloth with an alcohol spray solution.
- Staff computers:
- Clean all monitors and computer peripherals using care for staff items or notes in that area using air canister & a cloth with an alcohol spray solution.
- Cleaning will only be done on staff computers when not in use.
- Possible additional duties of cleaning DVD & CD media material (to be determined).
- Possess a basic knowledge of computer functions & terminology (to turn computer on and off).
- Early morning availability is a plus, but not required.
- Physical demands would consist of stooping, reaching, standing, and walking.
- Have the ability to work independently.
- Have the ability to perform repetitive tasks.