Welcome to the Teen Center!
Please Help With a National Survey
The Institute of Museum and Library Services & the School of Library and Information Science, San Jose State University are asking youth to share with them what they want in their library experiences, and we’d appreciate your participation. The survey is easy to complete and confidential.
Click here to participate.
If you are between the ages of 13 and 19, this is the place to socialize, do homework, and find books or other materials. If you have a library card in good standing, it’s also a place to use the Internet.
"I use the Teen Center because I love to see my friends who go to different schools."
"This is the perfect place to work, hang out, and talk."
"I use the Teen Center because I have a major support system here."
NEW FOR TEENS: TumbleBookLibrary is a collection of TumbleBooks animated, talking picture books with fiction, non-fiction and foreign language titles, Read-Alongs, Ebooks and Audio Books, and Tumble Puzzles & Games.
- Mondays, 6-7 PM in the Teen Center: Confabulation, a teen-run, thematic book group. You don't have to all read the same books, but you do have to love to read.
- Tuesdays, 6-7 PM in the Teen Center: Japanese Culture Club. Because Japan is more than just anime. We do cosplay, food, origami, and more.
- Thursdays, 6-7:45 PM (locations change): Reduced Teen Group, a social club for teens. The only requirements are that you be between the ages of 13-19 and respect your fellow members. We do cosplay, booktalks, fieldtrips, play acting games, and more.
- Writing workshops, language classes, Teen Advisory Group-- call the Teen Center or visit our Facebook page for more info.
- If you have a volunteer requirement for High School or just want to give back to the community, call the Teen Center. We can find a volunteer job to suit your needs.
Questions? Call the Teen Center at 792.6508 ext. 7