Welcome to the Teen Center!
Please Help With a National Survey
The Institute of Museum and Library Services & the School of Library and Information Science, San Jose State University are asking youth to share with them what they want in their library experiences, and we’d appreciate your participation. The survey is easy to complete and confidential.
Click here to participate.
If you are between the ages of 13 and 19, this is the place to socialize, do homework, and find books or other materials. If you have a library card in good standing, it’s also a place to use the Internet.
"I use the Teen Center because I love to see my friends who go to different schools."
"This is the perfect place to work, hang out, and talk."
"I use the Teen Center because I have a major support system here."
NEW FOR TEENS: TumbleBookLibrary is a collection of TumbleBooks animated fiction, non-fiction and foreign language titles, Ebooks and Audio Books, and Tumble Puzzles & Games. Graphic novel ebooks have just been added!
- Mondays, 6pm: Tabletop Game Night
Settlers of Catan, GhostBlitz, Carcassonne, Love Letter, Munchkin, and other great European-style board games. No previous gaming experience required.
- Wednesdays, any time after 3pm: Drop-In Cards Night
Play Magic, Yu-Gi-Oh!, or Pokemon against other teens. Use Teen Center decks or bring your own. A tournament with prizes is held at 6pm on the last Wednesday of every month.
- Thursdays, 6pm: Reduced Teen Group
A social club for teens. The only requirements are that you be between the ages of 13-19 and respect your fellow members. We do cosplay, booktalks, fieldtrips, play acting games, and more.
- Fridays, 4:30pm: Readers Between the Lines
Our thematic Teen Book Group with a different theme every week. You don't have to all read the same books, but you do have to love reading.
- Any day of the week
Try something new! In addition to books, music, internet access, and a friendly librarian to answer questions, the Teen Center has....
- special summer and winter reading programs
- a fish to feed
- yarn, knitting needles, and crochet hooks
- beading supplies
- various art supplies
- origami papers
- Magic and Yu-Gi-Oh decks
- board games
- puzzles and brain teasers
- the best view in town
- Writing workshops, language classes, Teen Advisory Group-- call the Teen Center or visit our Facebook page for more info.
- If you have a volunteer requirement for High School or just want to give back to the community, call the Teen Center. We can find a volunteer job to suit your needs.
Questions? Call the Teen Center at 792.6508 ext. 7