Programs and Services -
Consumer Health Information
Do you have questions about your health?
Medical Reference books & circulating health books are located on the first floor of the Library, behind the Park Entrance Reference Desk. The call numbers for health books are in the 610-619 range. Our selection of health journals and DVDs are shelved with the rest of the collection.
What kind of research do you do?
- We can research current news, treatment options, and general information about a particular disease or disorder.
- We can provide information about prescription medications.
- We can give you information about professional organizations that specialize in a particular disease or disorder.
- We can locate a particular physician, tell you his/her credentials, and provide contact information.
- We can locate any available ongoing clinical trials that may interest you.
- We can order journal articles & books from other libraries for you.
Is there anything I can't get at the library?
- Employees of Crandall Public Library cannot suggest treatments, diagnose conditions or recommend physicians or hospitals. Only your health care provider can do that!
How does this work?
- Call, e-mail or come into the library with your question. A librarian will help you look up your question, or, if you prefer, the Medical Librarian will research it for you. Results of the research can either be mailed to you or you may pick up the packet of information at the library.
How long does it take?
- Often, you can get the information within 24 hours. A longer wait may be necessary if we need to order an article for you.
How much does it cost?
- The service is free of charge.
Stop by the Reference Desk or call (518)792-6508 ext. 246 or send me an email!
Information provided by Crandall Public Library and its employees has been gathered from a variety of consumer health resources. This information should not be interpreted as medical or professional advice. All medical information should be reviewed with your physician or other healthcare professional.