National Workforce Readiness Credential
This intense, ten-week course is available for free to help prospective employees gain and keep good-paying jobs.
Tuesdays from 5:30-8:30
January 28-April 8, 2014
in the Holden Room at Crandall Public Library
Contact Crandall Public Library at 792-6508 x246 to get started!
The NWRC is a certification that can be earned by taking an exam. The exam measures important skills for employees. When a prospective employee earns this credential, he or she can bring it to job interviews as evidence of great skills in:
- Listening actively
- Solving problems and making decisions
- Cooperating with others
- Resolving conflicts and negotiating
- Observing critically
- Taking responsibility for learning
- Reading with understanding
- Using math to solve problems
This class is open to individuals age 16 and older. A short prescreening assessment in reading and math is required. Prescreening test dates are:
- Monday from 6pm-8pm on December 9, 2013 December 16, 2013, January 6, 2014 and January 13, 2014.
- Tuesday from 2pm-4pm on December 10, 2013 and December 17, 2013
- Tuesday from 3pm-5pm on January 7, 2014 and January 14, 2014
- Thursday from 10am-12pm on December 12, 2013, December 19, 2013, January 9, 2014 and January 16, 2014.
Presented by the Southern Adirondack Library System and the WSWHE BOCES Adult Education Program. This course is supported by funds from the New York State Library's Adult Literacy Library Services grant program.
More information is available from the National Work Readiness Council.